March 24, 2020
A Message from our CEO on COVID-19
The recent events from the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted everyone around the world. It is critical we all do what’s possible to help reduce the spread and bring this virus under control. At BluEarth, we take our responsibility to do our part very seriously. Our team has pulled together to do just that.
The health and well-being of our employees, and the communities where we live and work is paramount. Over the past week, we haven taken important steps and precautionary measures in our business and operating practices to enhance the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
We have adopted the following measures:
- Employees are working remotely from home whenever possible.
- Visitors are restricted from our offices and operating sites.
- We have eliminated in-person meetings and are leveraging technology to facilitate meetings and collaboration.
- For employees who operate our wind, hydro and solar facilities, which bring renewable energy to the power grid every day, we have implemented specific protocols to protect their health and safety.
- Our Remote Operations Centre (“BEROC”) is an impressive 24/7/365 remote operating control centre located in Calgary, Alberta that allows us to internally manage and dispatch our fleet of renewable generation facilities. We use our internally developed data analytics platform to continually optimize performance at our facilities. Now, more than ever, our ability to operate our platform remotely facilitates the continuity of our business operations.
Currently, all our facilities are operating, and our company is only minimally impacted. We will continue to monitor developments and we’ll be agile in adapting our policies and practices as new information becomes available.
We appreciate the support of our team and stakeholders and wish everyone good health during these extraordinary times.
President and Chief Executive Officer