Accountabilities and Key Functions
Reporting to the Director, Finance, this individual will be accountable for supporting the Finance Team in all debt-related, treasury and financial modeling activities. The Finance Administrator will have demonstrable, hands-on administrative experience in a finance setting, to ensure success in providing reporting, administrative, treasury and analytical support to members of the Finance Team. Work is performed in a cross-functional team environment, requiring interactions with members of other teams on a daily basis.
Key functions, which may evolve, include:
- Loan administration (corporate and project-level debt facilities): Includes reviewing and summarizing agreements, identifying and tracking obligations and deliverables, compiling and sending reporting packages, coordination of debt-related payments and other related tasks, as necessary;
- Letters of Credit: Accountable for the issuance, tracking and cancellation of all Letters of Credit;
- Cash forecasting: Maintaining cash forecasting models on an ongoing basis;
- Datarooms: Creation, population, maintenance and tracking of all datarooms along with coordination of related communications;
- Bank accounts: Maintaining the Company’s bank accounts, including liaising with financial institutions and opening/closing bank accounts, as required;
- Providing necessary information to accounting team for debt-related accruals, journal entries and quarterly financial note disclosures;
- Maintenance of electronic filing structure and content for Finance Team;
- Performing other tasks and duties, as required;
- Upholding all of BluEarth’s values and consistently enhancing the image and reputation of the Company;
- Adhering to BluEarth’s Health, Safety and Environment program, as well as all company policies & guidelines;
- Other tasks and duties as may reasonably be required in connection with the pursuit of BluEarth goals.
As the Company continues to grow, the accountabilities and tasks of the Finance Administrator may change.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Finance is considered an asset.
- Minimum two years recent and proven finance, banking and/or treasury experience in a complex, dynamic, multi-entity environment.
- Strong understanding of financial and banking processes.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong data analysis skills;
- Exceptional communication and strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to communicate risks and proactively identify and solve problems;
- Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively prioritize work flow and multitask;
- Proven ability to work within a team and the ability to manage concurrent projects for multiple people with varying deadlines;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion and have the confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action;
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy;
- Strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion;
- Polite, professional and respectful;
- Someone who is charismatic, fun, and has a sense of humour;
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours when required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Administrator” in the subject line.
Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.