BluEarth is looking a Wind Technician for our Bow Lake Wind Facility. The facility is in the Sault Ste. Marie, ON area and this position reports directly to Site Supervisor, Bow Lake Wind Facility, or designate. The position does require relocation to the Sault Ste. Marie area.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Bow Lake Wind Facility in Ontario; working with the Site Supervisor, or designate, to ensure safety, environmental, production and annual budget targets are achieved.
Key Operations functions include:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of wind turbine subassemblies and related components.
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner;
- Perform status checks including clearing error codes on wind turbines and repairing the problem;
- Grease/torque wind turbines;
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field;
- Replace mechanical components;
- Service blade and hub components as required;
- Complete work orders, timecards and other paperwork when required for specific project or assignment;
- Maintain respectful and harmonious working relationships with all external stakeholders on behalf of BEAM and the owners;
- Upholds all aspects of BEAM’s Environmental, Health, & Safety policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold the company’s core values;
- All other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or designate.
Key Success Factors
- Assist in operating the facility while maintaining zero environmental, health and safety incidents and/or occurrences;
- Assist in operating the facility to achieve greater than 98% availability, and maximizing project return while respecting approved budgets;
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment;
- Maintaining key relationships with landowners, stakeholders and agencies.
- Wind Turbine Technician certificate, Technical Diploma or Trade Certificate in Electrical; and
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years of wind power experience preferred;
- Experience working around high, medium, and low voltage equipment;
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, and operations, service and other procedural manuals;
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics;
- Familiarity and competency with industry standard SCADA systems and software;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both electrical and mechanical systems;
- Familiarity with testing and troubleshooting equipment such as multimeters, voltage testers, etc.;
- Driven to succeed in the role and grow skills to a senior level;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Possess an action-oriented approach with a strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Strategic thinker – able to understand and evaluate technical issues in relation to the overall business;
- Able to work as part of a team with various personalities with limited supervision;
- Able to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as act in a professional manner when representing the company;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Good sense of humour;
- Reliable, dependable and professional;
- Possess a sense of ownership and pride in successful operations.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Negative results of a pre-employment Oral Swab Drug Screen and / or Breath Alcohol test;
- Completion of a satisfactory pre-employment medical assessment;
- Receipt of an acceptable Driver’s Summary – “Driver’s Abstract” and minimum 3-year insurance experience report;
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-call.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Wind Technician – Bow Lake” in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.