This role is based in Phoenix, AZ and is eligible for BluEarth’s Office Hybrid Work Program.
- Reports directly to the VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will provide general legal support for BluEarth’s business activities in the United States. Key functions include:
- Advising on issues, reviewing, negotiating, and drafting various agreements relating to the development and operation of renewable energy projects, including power purchase agreements, real property agreements, construction and procurement agreements and operation and maintenance agreements;
- Advising on issues, reviewing, negotiating, and drafting various renewable energy finance agreements, including tax equity and debt financing agreements;
- Supporting the origination and development team on asset and/or corporate acquisitions and/or dispositions;
- Advising on regulatory issues related to the renewable energy industry, including with respect to United States foreign ownership rules;
- Remaining apprised of applicable legislative and regulatory changes and updating internal stakeholders, policies and contracts as required;
- Assisting with the management of litigation and other dispute resolution processes;
- Assisting with contract management and policy compliance; and
- Coordinating and liaising with external counsel regarding various matters as necessary.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein may be necessary.
- JD from an accredited law school; and
- A license to practice law in the United States
- Minimum three to five years of relevant experience as an attorney at a law firm or with an in-house legal department; and
- Experience advising clients with respect to the development, construction, acquisition and finance of wind and solar projects in the United States
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure, set priorities and effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Able to collaborate with a variety of people and job functions within the organization internally and externally;
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and effectively utilize resources and good judgement to solve problems;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- A strong sense of confidentiality;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Highly accountable, responsible, and ethical;
- A sense of humour; and
- Enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to travel within the United States and Canada; and
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com with “US Legal Counsel” in the subject line.
Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.