Reporting to the Director, Project Development, the Project Developer will lead the effective day-to-day management of US projects under development, including: HS&E, procurement, scheduling, and budget accountabilities; communication with key stakeholders, project partners, and regulators; coordination of subject matter experts and contractors; and support of debt financing up until the start of construction.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Lead project development and project management activities from project conception to start of construction, working to proactively identify project barriers and implement strategies to overcome such barriers, including preparation of annual development budgets.
- Renewable energy site identification and assessment.
- Develop, clarify, and manage project scope, project execution plans, track and manage contract deliverables, HS&E requirements, insurance needs and QA/QC plans.
- Lead technology selection, procurement initiatives, and project dependencies to ensure targeted development and construction outcomes are achieved (i.e., projects delivered safely, on-time, and on-budget).
- Lead public consultation and stakeholder engagement efforts with local communities and leaders as well as indigenous partners, leadership, and communities.
- Lead agency consultation efforts with local, state and federal regulatory bodies and decision makers
- Meet and negotiate with potential project landowners to acquire site control and to provide project information.
- Coordinate project specific tasks including, permitting and approvals, project communications, engineering and design, procurement, and construction review processes as well as providing an effective transitional basis into construction.
- Support continuous improvement of BluEarth’s best practice processes as well as identifying new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies.
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all contracts and agreements are implemented and administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BluEarth’s activities are minimized and/or avoided.
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
- Support acquisition, development, construction, and/or operational functions as BluEarth may reasonably require in connection with the pursuit of its goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of project development and/or project management experience in power generation or similar industry.
- Land acquisition experience.
- Experience working with federal, state and local regulators, and regulatory processes.
- Possess excellent hands-on project management skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing project development support on multiple concurrent projects.
- Successful experience with all aspects of project development, including but not limited to permitting, consultation, construction, and integration to operations.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Ability to proactively plan, schedule, track, monitor, and advance project activities, all supported by excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in leading project development on multiple, concurrent projects involving different functional teams with varying deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, and conflict/issue resolution skills, with the ability to proactively identify and strategically work to resolve challenging situations with knowledge and confidence.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Project, Word, Excel, GIS/mapping systems and document management systems.
- Willingness to learn standard commercial contract language to eventually become comfortable reading, interpreting and enforcing contract terms.
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and high integrity.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and have the confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action.
- Action-oriented, dedicated, and deliberate.
- Ability to respond effectively and positively to obstacles and challenges, while earning the trust and respect of others.
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision.
- Charismatic, fun, and has a sense of humor.
- Professional, diplomatic, polite, and trustworthy.
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Ability to travel within the United States and Canada.
- As required by a project’s lifecycle and operational requirements, ability to work extended hours.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work in various setting including office environments, remote project development sites, operating facilities, and outdoors (with exposure to various weather conditions).
- Comfortable working in close proximity to heavy, electrical, and rotating equipment.
What we Offer
As a member of the BluEarth team, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Full-time team members are eligible for: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
BluEarth is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
It is the policy of BluEarth to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify BluEarth’s Human Resources department at email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Developer” in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.