Reports to: Director, Project Execution
Projects will vary depending upon size, scope, schedule, and geography, requiring varied and flexible approaches to project execution. This position will be a key member of the project execution team and will be expected to contribute to the successful execution of projects (i.e., achieving targeted commercial operation date safely, on-time, and on-budget).
This position will deal with varied aspects of projects, including: contract development and administration, procurement coordination, schedule and budget reporting; communication activities with key stakeholders, project partners, and regulators; and on-site support throughout the construction period. This position will require a combination of field and office time, and will likely require working on multiple projects simultaneously and having accountabilities to multiple project managers.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Assist project managers in executing a number of projects.
- Support the development of contracts, including engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
- Work with project controls specialists to provide assistance on cost and schedule control, and on contract administration.
- Support the development and review of engineering deliverables.
- Contribute to the owner’s presence on construction sites, specifically in supporting HS&E, logistics, construction oversight, management of owner’s engineers, quality assurance and progress verification.
- Monitor the work of engineering and construction contractors and consultants,
- Interact with municipalities, landowners, and local stakeholder groups to support construction activities.
- Provide support to development teams in early project activities, including RFP and bid support.
- Provide support and transition from construction to commissioning to operations.
- Support permitting and regulatory approval activities.
- As part of the transition from construction to operations, ensure the coordination of close-out activities, conclusion of punch-list items, and finalization of change orders towards ensuring an orderly and effective transition to operations.
- Provide technical support to financing activities as required.
- Directly contribute towards continuous improvement of BluEarth’s engineering and construction best practice processes as well as identifying new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies.
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all contracts and agreements are implemented and administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BluEarth’s activities are minimized and/or avoided.
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
- Such other acquisition, development, construction, and/or operational functions as the Company may reasonably require in connection with the pursuit of its goals.
- Engineering or engineering technology degree is preferred, but consideration will be given to those who possess tangible and proven experience and skills in solar and/or wind projects.
- Minimum 3 years of directly related project experience within the renewable energy sector.
- Demonstrated, hands-on project execution skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing project support on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience with multiple aspects of project execution, including contracts, engineering, procurement, project controls, construction and commissioning.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to proactively plan, schedule, track, monitor, and advance project activities, all supported by superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with commercial contract language, and comfortable reading, interpreting and enforcing contract terms.
- Demonstrated efficiency in leading and providing project support on multiple, concurrent projects involving different functional teams with varying deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, and conflict/issue resolution skills, with the ability to proactively identify and strategically work to resolve challenging situations with confidence.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Project, Word, Excel, and document management systems.
- Strong work ethic and high integrity.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and have the confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action.
- Passion to learn, grow and ask questions.
- Action-oriented, dedicated, and deliberate.
- Ability to respond effectively and positively to obstacles and challenges, while earning the trust and respect of others.
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision.
- Professional, diplomatic, polite and able to be the face of BluEarth on-site.
- Ability to travel within the US.
- As required by a project’s lifecycle and operational requirements, the ability to occasionally work extended hours.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in both in an office environment and at project/construction sites and operating plants.
What we Offer
As a member of the BluEarth team, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Full-time team members are eligible for: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
BluEarth is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
It is the policy of BluEarth to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify BluEarth’s Human Resources department at email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Engineer” in the subject line.
Please Note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.