Position Closes: July 31, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Asset Management, the Asset Management Coordinator is accountable for providing both leadership and support to the development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive program for the management of critical facility assets throughout their lifecycle, and to support the facility operations teams in achieving the overall goal of delivering a high level of asset performance at the most effective level of investment.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Implement and oversee updates and evolution of policies and standards for a defined set of assets that take account of whole life cost, operational availability, operating risk, and mandatory requirements (health & safety, regulatory, financial, security);
- Support the successful implementation, function, and evolution of the management system that will facilitate successful asset management and maintenance in line with corporate policies;
- Oversee the use and continual improvement of Maximo, BEAM’s single, managed, physical asset information register that contains all information required to manage identified assets at all BEAM-managed facilities;
- Lead the ongoing assessment of asset criticality across all BEAM-managed facilities, ensuring that operations staff use the asset management system and Maximo as intended to identify and manage risks, and to optimize the overall lifecycle costs of the asset;
- Work with operations staff to regularly identify and update risks and to implement and update related management plans;
- Develop and oversee processes to ensure physical changes to assets and operating parameters trigger the necessary actions to ensure they approved and appropriately documented (Management of Change Process);
- Work with the operations management team to determine the near and long-term investment plan that addresses asset renewal requirements and that address gaps in the asset base against desired standards, and to assist in the provision of information required to prioritize such investment for inclusion in expenditure plans;
- Assist in implementing contracts for capital, planned and cyclical maintenance services, and the review and monitoring of these in relation to performance and quality;
- Collect and compile data and information within Maximo for use in internal reporting, life cycle costing, and other projects;
- Oversee and undertake audits of asset management processes and systems at all BEAM-operated facilities to inform continuous improvement;
- Lead a continuous improvement process for asset management, including taking ownership and accountability for components of the asset management model and developing capability within the operations team;
- Other tasks and duties as required.
- Relevant technical certificate or diploma, or combinations of directly related post-secondary education and experience.
- Minimum five years of renewable energy experience;
- Experience with Maximo;
- Strong technical knowledge of renewable electricity operations including functionality and design of turbines, generators, and balance-of-plant components;
- Experience working around high, medium, and low voltage equipment;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, and operations, service and other procedural manuals;
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics;
- Familiarity and competency with industry standard SCADA systems and software; and
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both electrical and mechanical systems.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Solid understanding of budgeting and ability to develop and use financial and non-financial metrics and targets to assist in managing assets;
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work while maintaining awareness of the big picture context
- Possess an action-oriented approach with a strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Strategic thinker – able to understand and evaluate technical issues in relation to the overall business;
- Able to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as act in a professional manner when representing the company;
- Committed to excellence in personal and professional conduct and performance.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license; and
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Asset Management Coordinator” in the subject line. Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.