Position closes November 30, 2019.
The Network, Communications and SCADA Specialist will oversee the integration of networks between existing/new facilities and our remote operations center, as well as implement improvements to existing infrastructure on our network. Planning, execution, and maintenance of network security initiatives will be required. In addition, the Specialist will provide technical support services to maintain, develop and improve the SCADA systems used in our existing and new generation facilities, and in our remote operations centre.
Accountabilities and Duties:
- Design and implement network configurations, network architecture (including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies), and systems;
- Maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of BluEarth’s communications, data, and information systems;
- Diagnose and solve network communication problems;
- Reviewing and updating rules, permissions, security on existing equipment;
- Support integration of networks between new facilities and our operations center (VPN tunnels, NATing);
- Improvements to existing infrastructure at facilities (firewalls, switches, WIFI);
- Develop and maintain documentation of communications assets and performance;
- Maintain and improve existing control room and plant SCADA systems;
- Develop and manage the implementation of new SCADA systems;
- Develop and support visualization tools and alarming solutions as required;
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and new plant design specifications and standards with the continuing goal of providing an effective response to operating conditions requiring technical input and maintenance of drawings, data sheets, databases;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company; and
- Other duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer related discipline or the equivalent in training and experience
- Training in network communications
- Training in network security
- Certification such as ISP, ITCP, CCNA, MCSE, and/or CISSP
Experience and Skills
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with network access control (NAC) systems, firewalls, and routers
- Intrusion prevention systems, information security methodologies, authentication protocols and different attack types
- Incident response techniques
- Able to clearly communicate around security issues and risks to management
- Strong knowledge of industrial communication protocols (OPC, Modbus, DNP3, etc.)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting one or many programmable logic controllers (PLC) or remote terminal units (RTU), such as Schneider Electric Modicon or Quantum PLCs, Allen Bradley PLCs, SEL RTAC
- Programming with IEC61131-3 languages such as function block diagram, ladder logic, sequential flow charts, or structured text.
- Experience with one or many SCADA software applications used in renewable energy facilities (Inductive Automation Ignition, GE Proficy iFIX, Schneider Electric Citect, GE WindSCADA, Siemens Wind Power Supervisor).
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as have confidence to ask questions to ensure clear, strategic action
- Ability to make difficult decisions and take ownership of decisions
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage concurrent tasks with varying deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product such as Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and development of company culture
- Think clearly during security threats and other technical emergencies
- Extremely organized
- Interested in understanding current threats and trends in Information Security
- Highly motivated, with the ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision, stay motivated and take initiative in order to provide results
- High level of work ethic and professionalism
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Enthusiasm for both the job and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision
- Ability to travel within Canada and the USA to visit operating facilities
- Evening or weekend work may be necessary to deal with emergencies or to solve specific problems
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work outside regular business hours when required
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Network, Communications & SCADA Specialist” in the subject line.
Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.