Aboriginal Clean Energy Scholarship
We are committed to building mutually-beneficial relationships with Canada’s Indigenous communities. As part of this commitment, we award scholarships to Indigenous students to help develop their skills and knowledge in the clean energy sector. Through our Aboriginal Clean Energy Scholarship, we award up to $3,000 (per scholarship) annually to Indigenous students pursuing post-secondary education. Successful candidates have an opportunity to partner with a BluEarth employee who will act as a mentor throughout their academic year.
Eligibility & Criteria
Applicants must be:
- A member of an Aboriginal community (band or settlement), including First Nations, Métis and Inuit
- A resident of Canada
- Pursuing full-time studies at an accredited Canadian trades or technical school, college or university.
Eligible candidates need to submit an application to our selection committee. We will review your application based on academic merit, community involvement and pursuit of studies that could be transferable to the clean energy sector.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form
- Attach proof of your Aboriginal Status
- Provide an unofficial transcript for your most recent academic program, if completed in the last five years
- Attach one letter of recommendation
- In 500 words or less, explain why you would be a good candidate for ACES and how you intend to apply what you learn from your program to the clean energy sector
2018 ACES Recipients
We selected four recipients for our 2018 Aboriginal Clean Energy Scholarship (ACES) program. This scholarship provides Canadian Indigenous students who have an interest in renewable energy, with financial support and skill development opportunities.