BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Contract Management & Compliance Specialist
Reports directly to Director, Legal.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for the consistent management of all contracts across BluEarth functional groups. Key functions include:
- Lead the implementation of a Contract Management System;
- Develop contract management best practices;
- Oversee contract management activities, and enforce contract management best practices;
- Set up and maintain the Contract Management System for effective and efficient contract management, including stakeholder communication, governance, performance, payments, and file/records management;
- Review all existing contracts to determine any contractual requirements, and appropriately log and update as required contractual requirements into Contract Management System;
- Work collaboratively with BluEarth functional teams to ensure a consistent commercial approach is taken, where possible, in contract development;
- Support the Director, Legal in all aspects of day to day contract management.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, preferably in a commercial or contracts discipline.
- Minimum five years’ contract management experience, either in administration or negotiation with a solid understanding of what constitutes a contractual commitment.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Previous, hands-on experience in a contract management capacity and with contract management systems;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Fluent in standard commercial contract language, and comfortable reading, interpreting and enforcing contract terms;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe;
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with a strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality, and discretion;
- Highly detailed orientated and committed to accuracy;
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics, as well as being reliable and trustworthy;
- Excellent communication and strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and effectively utilize resources and good judgement to solve problems;
- Highly motivated, communicative, directive, and flexible;
- A sense of humour;
- Enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Ability to workout outside regular working hours as required.