Wind Power-Related Studies
Through consultation with stakeholders, we’re aware of concerns about wind power. When we’re out in the community we’re commonly asked about specific peer-reviewed wind power related health studies. As a result we have posted recent literature on the topic here in order to make this easier for our stakeholders to access:
- Understanding the Evidence: Wind Turbine Noise – published April 2015
- Official CanWEA statement on report released by Council of Canadian Academies – published April 2015
- Health Canada Wind Turbine Noise and Health Study – published November 2014
- The link between health complaints and wind turbines: support for the nocebo expectations hypothesis – published October 2014
- On the biological plausibility of Wind Turbine Syndrome – published October 2014
- Wind Turbines and Human Health – published June 2014
- Systematic Review 2013: Association Between Wind Turbines and Human Distress – published May 2014
- Possible psychological mechanisms for “wind turbine syndrome.” On the windmills of your mind – published May 2014
- The Effects of Wind Turbines on Property Values in Ontario: Does Public Perception Match Empirical Evidence? – published January 2014
- Systematic Review of the Human Health Effects of Wind Farms – published December 2013
- A case-control study of support/opposition to wind turbines: Perceptions of health risk, economic benefits, and community conflict – published July 2013
- The economic impacts of wind farms on Scottish tourism – published March 2008
- Wind turbines in tourism landscapes – Czech Experience – Published 2010
The BluEarth team is available to answer any questions you may have on the topic of human health as it relates to wind power, or any other inquiries you may have about our projects and the technology we use. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
For additional learning, view BluEarth’s educational videos.
- Renewable Power Technology – A video explaining integration and optimization of the renewable technology BluEarth develops and operates.
- How does a wind turbine generate power? – An animation with a basic overview of wind turbines and how they generate electricity.
- Siting Wind Turbines – An animation with a basic overview of wind turbines and how they generate electricity.