The Twin Falls Generating Station is situated on the Abitibi River, in Teefy Township, and controls the discharge of Lake Abitibi. The original powerhouse was completed in 1922 with five vertical shaft Francis turbines and Westinghouse air-cooled generators. In 1999 the switchgear was modernized and in 2009 the controls were updated. All five generators were rewound between 1982 and 1992, increasing the total generation capacity to 27 MW.
|Location:||Abitibi River, East of Town of Iroquois Falls, Ontario|
|Technologies:||5 vertical shaft Francis turbines|
|Nameplate Capacity:||27 MW|
|Power Sales:||Long-term power purchase agreement|
The Twin Falls Generating Station is owned and operated by H2O Limited Partnership (H2O). BluEarth Renewables owns an interest in H2O. For more information and to view public notices, visit h2opower.ca.