BluEarth awards Aboriginal Clean Energy Scholarships (ACES) of up to $3,000 annually to Indigenous students pursuing post-secondary education, including trade certification, diploma, degree programs, etc. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to be partnered with a BluEarth team member who will act as a learning partner throughout their academic year. This learning partnership is for two-way communication to inspire, challenge and motivate students as well as BluEarth employees.
Applicants must be a member of an Aboriginal community (band or settlement), including First Nations, Métis and Inuit; a resident of Canada; and pursuing full-time studies at an accredited Canadian trades or technical school, college or university.
Eligible candidates are required to submit an application to the ACES selection committee. Candidates will be reviewed based on academic merit, community involvement and pursuit of studies that could be transferable to the clean energy sector.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form – link below or download
- Attach proof of your Aboriginal Status
- Provide an unofficial transcript for your most recent academic program, if completed in the last five years
- Attach one letter of recommendation
- In 500 words or less, explain why you would be a good candidate for ACES and how you intend to apply what you learn from your program to the clean energy sector
- Submit all of the above by September 15, 2018
Applications for our 2018/19 Aboriginal Clean Energy Scholarship are now closed. Please stay tuned for next year’s application process.
For More Information
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- Download the ACES Brochure
- Download the ACES Poster
- Download the Application Form
- Download the ACES Card
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org