BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operation. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and building a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits.
We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Executive Assistant (“EA”) – 14 month maternity leave contract term
- Reports directly to EVP, Origination and Development
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This EA is accountable for providing assistance to members of the Executive Team (“eTeam”), as well as support the Origination and Development Team in transaction and corporate administration.
Key functions include:
- Acting as EA to the EVP, Origination & Development (EVP), VP, Origination, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO); as well as supporting other members of the eTeam as required;
- Manage the day-to-day administrative needs of the EVP, CFO and COO in a proactive manner, including: managing meeting schedules to make the most effective use of time, timely preparation of expense claims and ensuring offices stay organized;
- Coordinate eTeam travel planning and booking, including initial procurement of airfare, accommodation, and rental vehicles and modifications as required;
- Help the company build a professional image by ensuring BluEarth is always presented in the most professional light by upholding and promoting the Company’s core values;
- Coordinate meetings on behalf of the eTeam including distribution of agendas, circulation or materials and minutes, set up of technology (virtual meetings/Conference lines) and travel as necessary;
- Assist or lead preparation of agreements, correspondence and presentations as directed by eTeam including: consultation and engagement materials, reports, emails, letters, newsletters, and information packages or summaries;
- Oversee the active filling and maintenance of development team documentation on the corporate directory, ensuring files are appropriately organized and up to-date. Coordinate transition of files from Origination & Development team to Engineering & Construction team or Operations teams as required;
- Assist with prospective project due diligence by coordinating all meetings, data room access for internal and external parties, timely download and filing of information, stewarding Q&A between BluEarth team and counterparty, and following up on information requests;
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly accruals documentation for the Origination & Development team and liaise with accounting department as necessary;
- Provide general administrative support and complete other duties as required by BluEarth such as providing backup coverage to other administrators in the Company.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions above are likely.
- Technical school diploma or university degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an administrative professional and/or executive assistant;
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software suit and excellent data entry skills;
- Strong organizational skills, including managing multiple projects and priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and propose solutions to problems;
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- Highly detail oriented and committed to accuracy;
- Highly accountable, responsible and ethical;
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy;
- Professional and respectful;
- A strong sense of confidentiality;
- A sense of humour;
- Proven ability to work both as a team and independently;
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle;
- Ability to work outside regular working hours as required.